Thursday 21 July 2011

Weather grrrr...

How things can change in a few days…


The forecast was looking good for a summit window on the 26th / 27th and the team are lined up to be as acclimatized as they can be. Yesterday we received news that it had all changed due to movements in the subtropical Jetstream. We all hoped this would just be a one off rotten forecast and predictions / the models would come good again today, however it has just confirmed that this window has closed.


As time for most teams is running out everyone has been buzzing around base camp all day comparing weather forecasts and trying to come up with a strategy for an attempt. All forecasts seem to show the same uncertainty for a window… The main consensus at the moment is to try on the 24th when winds are looking the lowest.


Tonight the guys are sleeping at camp 2 and hoping to reach camp 3 early in the morning to access conditions. A team of 8 / 10 Spanish are due to start an attempt from camp 3 later this evening so we plan on getting some feedback on conditions from their experience.


So in brief the weather looks windy until the 25th with a drop on the 24th then precipitation is due on the 26th which would close our chances. Let's hope they have it wrong and some more opportunity's appear!!!


Nobody has the runs at the moment!!! So I have attached a picture of our toilet so we don’t forget what it looks like.  


Hope you are all well back home and the weather is better there.


PS The 40 pints of I.P.A. (Indian Pale Ale) is brewing very well and expected to be ready in 3 days.




  1. If you need any more brewing tips let me know - I'll lower the consultancy fees just for you guys :)
    Bet it's gonna taste awesome!
    Fingers crossed for better weather. Lots of love,
    Tracy xx

  2. Thanks for sharing that,! I will definitely include in the list of places to visit! Lovely beach, lovely photos, thank you!
    Flights to Bali
    Cheap Flights to Japan
    Flights to Japan,